11-nt European Waterways AmaKristina
|Day||Ports of Call|
|9||Rhine Gorge, Germany|
Know Before You Go
- Pricing includes cruise portion only. For pre and post accommodations, please contact your PERX travel planner.
- Please be discreet, do not discuss your industry discounts with other guests aboard your sailing.
- Please ensure that you have your ID available when boarding.
- We strongly suggest purchasing travel protection to cover medical expenses in the event that medical attention is required.
CRUISE FROM : Basel to Amsterdam
Grand cities blend in perfect harmony with their historic past and their progressive future. Zurich's medieval houses, narrow lanes and town halls from the Renaissance period offer a striking backdrop to its trendy and ultra-modern metropolis. And Amsterdam's Golden Age melds seamlessly with its lively cafes, exciting nightlife and glorious museums. Inspirational towns have given way to great stories, poetry and music-Heidelberg, where Mark Twain wrote "A Tramp Abroad." Timeless traditions remain intact-from the making of Kolsch, Cologne's legendary brew to the making of Rudesheimer Coffee. Take a front-row seat on an enchanting journey that takes you along the Rhine and through its designated-UNESCO World Heritage Site with its 40 castles strung like pearls on its river banks and to magnificent cities and charming villages alike.
COUNTRIES: France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland
At A Glance
On our cruises, you will enjoy an extensive lineup of included tours. In many cases, you will have a choice of excursions, such as standard tours, bike tours, hikes and Special Interest Tours. We always include a large variety of activities so that you can choose how you want to explore. No matter your preference, your days will be full of discovery and wonder.
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef's Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La ChaIne des R“tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La ChaIne des R“tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
The AmaKristina – launched in 2017 – is a sister ship to the AmaViola and features the most advanced design of any river cruise vessel currently in operation. Their exclusive Twin Balconies are available in most staterooms, which measure a spacious 210-235 sq. feet, with four suites measuring 350 sq. feet. Passengers will enjoy gourmet dining with free-flowing fine wines at multiple onboard dining venues; a heated sun deck swimming pool with a ‘swim-up’ bar; fitness center and spa; complimentary ship-wide Wi-Fi and in-room Internet and entertainment on demand; and a fleet of bicycles carried onboard for passengers to enjoy on their own or on guided bike tours.
Ship Length: 443 ft Total Staff: 51 Guest Capacity: 156
Day 1 : ARRIVE IN ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
Arrive in Zurich and check in to your hotel.
Day 2 : ZURICH
Set alongside a glistening lake and framed by the Alps, Switzerland's largest city, Zurich, seamlessly blends its historic past with its progressive future-all of which will be on full display during your city tour. One of the top experiences in Zurich is a visit to Old Town where you will find yourself amongst medieval houses, churches and the modern Bahnhofstrasse, a mile-long street featuring exclusive fashion boutiques, stores and street cafes. (B)
Day 3 : ZURICH - LUCERNE
Check out of your hotel and head off on a scenic drive past Alpine lakes before reaching Vitznau. Upon arrival, enjoy a cruise across the tranquil waters of Lake Lucerne, surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery. Lucerne's beauty and charm is unrivalled. You'll discover this beauty on a walking tour. Stroll along Chapel Bridge, admiring the stunning gable paintings above. The mighty mountains of Mount Pilatus and Rigi overlook the swans that glide along the scenic lake and are part of Lucerne's everlasting allure. Afterwards, you'll check into your hotel. (B)
Day 4 : LUCERNE
The iconic Lion Monument, which you'll visit was sculpted in memory for the Swiss Guards massacred during the French Revolution in 1792. It has captured the hearts and minds of visitors for centuries, including Mark Twain who praised it as "the most mournful and moving piece of stone in the world." You'll also visit the spectacular medieval walls and towers, dating back to the 13th century. Located around the Musegg Wall area, the towers rise high over the city, giving great panoramic views of Lucerne, the Reuss River and the surrounding mountain scenery. There are a total of nine towers, including one featuring the oldest clock in the city. (B)
Day 5 : LUCERNE - BASEL - EMBARKATION
Visit the iconic Lion Monument before transferring to Basel where you will have free time for lunch before embarking on your ship. (B,D)
Day 6 : BREISACH, GERMANY
Breisach is your gateway to several different excursions, depending on your interests. Step back in time with a visit to the enchanting Alsatian town of Riquewihr, which looks almost the same as it did in the 16th century. On your walking tour, admire historic architecture as well as famous sights, such as the Dolder Gate. Alternatively, you may wish to go to Freiburg, founded in 1120 and home to the Freiburg's Munster, a Gothic cathedral said to have "the most beautiful spire on earth." Those wishing a more active excursion can cycle through the scenic countryside; or go to the Black Forest, a magical land full of cultural traditions, as well as home to elaborate cuckoo clocks, striking half-timber houses, ruined castles and quaint towns. (B,L,D)
Day 7 : STRASBOURG, FRANCE
Strasbourg, the capital city of Alsace, offers flavors of both France and Germany because of its borderline location. Enjoy a panoramic tour past the stunning Parc de l'Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la Republique. Then walk through its iconic UNESCO World Heritage "La Petite France" district, which appears to have been lifted straight from the pages of a fairytale. Wander through these charming streets and past the Cathedrale de N“tre Dame with its famous astronomical clock. For the active adventurer, you can take a guided bike ride through this captivating city and Parc de l'Orangerie. (B,L,D)
Day 8 : LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY - RљDESHEIM
Ludwigshafen is your gateway to a choice of three excursions. Visit Heidelberg, the perfectly preserved medieval city nestled in the Neckar River Valley along Germany's Castle Road. Discover the iconic red sandstone Heidelberg Castle and Great Vat, an 18th-century 49,000-gallon wine cask. For a more active adventure while in Heidelberg, join a guided hike up the Philosopher's Path, aptly named during the Romantic Period, and be rewarded with panoramic views of the city. Alternatively, you can visit one of Germany's oldest cities, Speyer, known for the largest Romanesque cathedral in Europe-a UNESCO World Heritage Site-and the medieval Altportel, Old Gate. Later in the day, sail to Rudesheim where you can visit Siegfried's Mechanical Music Museum; or taste one of the town's special delights, Rudesheimer Coffee, ceremoniously made with brandy. (B,L,D)
Day 9 : RљDESHEIM - RHINE GORGE
Your exploration of Rudesheim continues w