Princess Cruise Line
***Important Policy Information***
Cruise Restart Policies as of June 16, 2021
Following passage of the Alaska Tourism Restoration Act, work with Alaska government officials, and recent guidance from the the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Princess is announcing its intent to return to service in the United States with a partial season of Alaska sailings from Seattle.
Departing July 25 through September 26, 2021, round-trip Seattle, seven-day cruises, onboard Majestic Princess, a MedallionClass™ ship, are available for booking now.
Will I need to be vaccinated?
Yes. These cruises to Alaska are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and the dates given will be required (approved forms of evidence will be confirmed closer to time of departure) and will need to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding. Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding.
There is no age restriction on this series of cruises to Alaska but guests of all ages must be fully vaccinated.
Will I need to wear a mask onboard?
Princess is currently awaiting CDC guidance on face masks for these cruises.
Before you book - Flexible Booking Policy
Book with Confidence. Giving you the flexibility to change your plans.
If you feel ill and need to change your plans, Princess protect your cruise investment. Under the temporary Book with Confidence policy, they’ve taken the worry out of booking your next cruise:
- Cancel up to 30 days before you sail, and get your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit.
- Applies to bookings made through September 30, 2021.
- Applies to voyages departing through December 31, 2021.
- NEW: Within 30 days of your sail date, we've got you covered with their new COVID-19 Protection Program.
- Final Payment has been moved to 60-days prior to sailing.
- Applies to voyages departing through September 30, 2021.
Cancellation Policy as of June 16, 2021
Princess Cruises are offering you three options to choose from regarding your booking:
Option 1: Transfer to an equivalent replacement cruise on Enchanted Princess in 2022. Your cruise fare, stateroom category, incentives and promotions will all be protected.
Option 2: Bonus Future Cruise Credit. Sail with Princess again by accepting their special higher-value Future Cruise Credit (FCC) offer of 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable FCC, plus a Bonus non-refundable FCC equal to 10% of the cruise fare paid.*
- This gives the team a chance to shine at a later date by using the Future Cruise Credit on any voyage booked by and saying by December 31, 2022.
- Money paid to Princess in excess of the cruise fare for Princess Vacation Protection, taxes, fees, and port expenses, EZair or hotel packages will be refunded, as will any prepaid shore excursions and/or special service items.
- *Bonus FCC minimum of $25 per person (minimum varies by FCC currency: $25USD, $25CAD, $25AUD, $25NZD, £25GBP, €25EUR, ¥2,500
Option 3: Refund of all monies paid. Money will be refunded to the original method of payment.
Requests must be received through your PERX Travel Consultant by July 15, 2021, or guests will automatically receive the FCC option. Fccs can be used on any cruises booked by sailing by December 31, 2022.
Future Cruise Cred (FCC) Offer Terms & Conditions
For guests that paid in full for their Cruise, the value of the guest's FCC shall not exceed 110% of the base cruise fare amount (as listed on Princess Cruises guests booking confirmation), regardless of how much the guest paid to Princess Cruises for or in connection with the cruise. If a guest did not pay in full for the cruise, the value of the refundable FCC that covers 100% value of cruise fare paid shall not exceed the base cruise fare of the cancelled cruise; the value of the FCC shall be determined by the amount paid by guests to Princess Cruises.
In the event a guest paid for any portion of their cancelled cruise's fare using a previously issued FCC, that FCC will be returned to their My Princess Account and the amount will be deducted from the the FCC calculations laid out above.
FCC's may only be applied to the cruise fare of a new cruise or cruise tour reservation with Princess Cruises. All FCCs must be used towards a Princess Cruises voyage booked by and sailing by December 31, 2022, and are subject to published terms, conditions, and restrictions. Bonus FCCs cannot be used for cruise deposits. Offer cannot be transferred. Fccs may not be used for onboard expenses, pre- and post-cruise packages, shore excursions, taxes, fees, and port expenses, Princess Vacation Protection Plans (North America only), Princess Exair (n/a in UK), Plane Sailing (UK only), Hotel Service Charges, or other optional programs or services. FCCs may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Guests or their travel advisors should verify this offer with our Reservation Agent at the time the new reservation is booked. For guests' convenience, FCCs are built in direct association with Captain Circle Numbers so they will automatically be credited toward the cruise fare of the next Princess Cruise sailing booked by the guest. Offer available to single, double, triple, and quad occupancy guests.
If a guest has not used any portion of their FCC within 12 months of its issuance, they may choose to receive a refund of the original amount retained by Princess Cruises at the time FCC was issues between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2022, less any bonus amount. In no situation shall a guest be entitled to a refund greater than the amount retained by Princess Cruises. If a guest selects an FCC and then requests a refund as set forth herein, the guest will not be entitled to any other compensation/credit.
Due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the restart of cruising in Australia, the published Emerald Princess December 2021 to March 2022 season will be cancelled and she will be redeployed to the northern hemisphere. The alternative deployment for Emerald Princess in North America will be announced at a later date.
Due to the ongoing Canadian Transport Ministry's Interim Order that extends the closure of Canadian ports and waters to passenger vessels, they are cancelling the the remaining 2021 Canada New England season and sailings from New York. As a result of these changes, your cruise has been cancelled.
Following collaboration with government officials, and evolving guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Princess is announcing its intent to return to service in the United States sailing from Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Ft. Lauderdale this fall. As part of their return to service plans, they will be cancelling the following sailings:
- Caribbean Princess November 20, 2021 Southern Caribbean with ABC Islands
- Ruby Princess August through September 2021 sailings from Los Angeles
- Ruby Princess October 17, 2021 sailing from San Francisco
- Island Princess October through November 2021 in Europe
Health and Safety Protocols
Enhancing Health Screenings
Taking steps to implement COVID-19 appropriate pre-embarkation screening, including:
- Mandatory enhanced pre-embarkation health screenings, and completion of required documentation – including health questionnaires, Passage Contract, and COVID-19 Risk Acceptance – to be completed no later than 24 hours prior to sailing. Guests who do not complete the required documentation will not be permitted to board.
- Princess will refer anyone with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 , or who are identified at-risk, for additional medical screening before allowing them to board
- They will refer anyone with signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or who are identified at-risk, for additional medical screening before allowing them to board.
- Secondary screenings (and health checks throughout the cruise) when necessary
- Contract tracing is planned for every cruise
Responsible Physical Distancing
- Across the fleet Princess is making it easier to practice physical distancing by managing the timing, size and flow of groups in onboard venues and for events and helping you make informed decisions about what to do on board. Entertainment programs and restaurants will be designed to enhance physical distancing.
- Physical distancing will also be maintained throughout check-in and embarkation, and will be required in terminals, on board ships, on private islands, and during shore excursions.
When physical distancing can’t be maintained, or when mandated by public health authorities, masks will be required on board, at private islands, and during shore excursions. Masks must be worn in terminals, during embarkation and disembarkation.
Guests will be encouraged to use the hand-washing sinks and hand sanitizer dispensers at venue entrances and in high-traffic areas throughout the ship. Guests will be asked to follow health information about the ways to stay healthy on board and when ashore through daily programming, entertainment systems, announcements, in-stateroom literature and the Princess app. There will be no self-service for meals. Princess will do the serving for you.
Safe Shoreside Experiences
Princess is working with local authorities, destinations and tour operators so that the enhanced health and safety measures on board are maintained ashore. Princess will follow the health protocols for every port visited. There may be a reduction in the capacity of excursions and tour vehicles. Only shore excursions that comply with prescribed protocols will be permitted, with strict adherence required of all guests and denial of re-boarding for any guests who do not comply.