The new and improved Ocean Adventurer is designed to carry 132 travelers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world. Originally built in Yugoslavia in 1976, this nimble, ice-strengthened ship has become a passenger favorite over the years and underwent refurbishments in 1999 and 2002 with the most significant being in 2017. It is a recipient of the 2017 Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Overall Small Cruise Ship (500 passengers or under).
With the latest rounds of refurbishments guests will enjoy:
- A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship.
- The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites.
- All existing cabins will be furnished with all new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms.
- Main common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room will be remodeled as well as the Bar.
- Major technical enhancements – include two new Rolls Royce engines, which will significantly increase fuel efficiency and minimized carbon footprint.